Acne has been a big part of my life. When I was twelve I started getting acne very severely, which took over my whole life. I thought that my acne was the end of the world, it wasn’t I promise! I have found ways to prevent my acne and cause my skin to be increasingly better than it was before.
If you get a pimple, DO NOT freak out. Everyone deals with acne and there are ways to prevent it:
- Stay Stress Free: I know life gets hard sometimes but you should not get to the point where everything stresses you out. When you are stressed it causes inflammation throughout the body, causing acne to come about. Find activities that will make you less stressed such as exercising or reading to stay stress free. For me personally, I exercise to keep my stress level down. Whatever makes you happy will keep you from stressing about life and will reduce your acne.
- Exercise Regularly: When you exercise this can relieve stress, which is a big cause of breakouts. Also, doing a physical activity can increase your blood circulation, this sends more oxygen to your skin and carries away the waste in your cells. However, if you do sweat while exercising, be sure to wash your face afterward so it does not irritate your skin and cause breakouts.
- Wash your face: For me personally, I like to wash my face at night. I use a Biore charcoal wash on my face and that works for my skin type personally because my skin is naturally oily. When I wash my face at night, it seems to be rejuvenated in the morning.
- DO NOT POP PIMPLES: Popping pimples is a big no no. When you pop pimples or pick at them this will cause them to scar! At all cost try not to do this or you will be left with scars all over your face. Also when you pop them, it will cause an open wound, therefore, bacteria will be able to get in a pimple and cause it to take even longer to heal.
- Use makeup as little as possible: If you can, try to use makeup, such as foundation and other face makeup, sparingly. Wearing makeup can clog up your pores and cause an irritation on your skin, causing acne.
- Hair Products: Try to avoid using oily hair products because they can get onto your face and cause acne. Also, try to not let your hair get super greasy because that will end up on your face and trigger pimples.