Benefits of Drinking Water March 01 2017, 0 Comments
Recently, I have become somewhat obsessed with water. I get it whenever I go out to a restaurant and I carry my (eco-friendly) refillable water bottle with me everywhere I go. As an athlete, I know the importance of staying properly hydrated. Water keeps your body functioning properly and allows for peak physical performance. I almost never drink soda or sugary drinks anymore because I simply no longer crave them. I have become so accustomed to drinking water regularly that I crave it more than I crave any other kind of drink. I have been pretty much only drinking water for about three months now and have noticed a big difference in my life.
One of the benefits is I have noticed a slight improvement in the quality of my skin and I get fewer breakouts. It’s not magic, I still breakout just not as much. I also feel like I have more energy throughout the day since I started drinking more water. I think this is because for me, drinking a lot of water motivates me to eat healthier too. I eat less junk food and more natural foods that fuel my body and give me more energy. These are just some of the benefits that I have reeked from increasing my water intake. Water is incredibly beneficial to the body. Here are a few of water’s benefits:
- More energy - Water has the power to combat the fatigue you may be feeling (or even the occasional hangover) and provides you with the energy you need to take on the day.
- Weight Loss - Water can also be an aid in weight loss. Drink a glass of water before you eat a meal and you will become full faster.
- Bodily Functions - Water is an extremely important part of the functioning of your body. Cells use water to conduct the activities that keep your body functioning properly
- Skin Complexion - Water acts as a purifier for our bodies. It rids our bodies of toxins and cleans out our system.
- Makes You Happier - Water can make you an overall happier person. With a healthy body, a clear complexion, and a lot of energy, what is there to be sad about?
Water is a miracle worker for the human body. We all know what it feels like to be dehydrated; it’s not a great feeling. Water improves our quality of life by keeping us happy and healthy.