Vegan Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe February 04 2016, 0 Comments
Dairy can be a big contributer to acne especially hormonal acne because it directly affects androgen levels (male hormones) and our insulin levels. We hear that the hardest thing about going diary free is usually the cheese. You can purchase diary free cheese in some stores but if you aren't a fan of the taste or ingredients used it in it, here is a recipe to make your own delicious cheddar cheese ball!
Original recipe from: one green planet
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in purified water for 4-6 hours
- 2 packed tablespoons dry pack sun dried tomatoes, snipped into small pieces with kitchen scissors then soaked in the purified water with the cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1 heaped tablespoon mellow white miso (use chickpea miso if you are sensitive to soy)
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- dash cayenne
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- Remove water from cashews and tomatoes and rinse off with purified water
- Drain the cashews and the tomatoes and place them in a food processor or high powered blender and pulse until they start to form a paste, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Add all of the seasonings and pulse until thoroughly combined. Add the coconut oil. Blend or process until the mixture is completely smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally. This process takes up to 10 minutes in a food processor and a few minutes in a power blender. Scrape the soft cheese into a container.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until cheese is firm.
- Scrape the cheese out of the container and place onto a clean surface. With your hands, form the cheese into a ball.
You can roll the cheese around sliced almonds to finish it. Use as a spread to crackers, sandwiches, or even melt some to make mac and cheese! Enjoy!