5 Ways to Prevent Acne June 25 2016, 0 Comments
I've dealt with mild to severe acne for most of my high school years and I've learned some tricks throughout my experience dealing with acne. I've learned what the best tricks are and how to prevent acne from appearing. There are 5 crucial steps to preventing acne that you can easily work into your everyday routine!
1. Stay hydrated! Did you know that your skin is the largest organ of your body and when not well hydrated, it can cause issues like acne? Without enough water, bacteria and toxins aren't able to be flushed out and therefore cause unnecessary acne.
2. Change your pillow case every other day. When we use our pillow case for too long, bacteria can grow and can be one of the main causes of a break out. If changing it is too much of a hassle, there are antibacterial sprays made just for your dirty pillowcase! These sprays tend to be made of tea tree oil, a natural antibacterial essential oil that can prevent acne. Spray it on your pillowcase before hitting the sack and you're good to go!
3. Refrain from eating an excess amount of sugar. Sugar can cause the oil on your face to produce more than it needs to, giving you an overabundance that can build up and clog pores, therefore causing acne. Of course, you don't have to go cold turkey, everyone needs their sweets once in a while. Just remember that a good, balanced diet is what keeps your skin at it's absolute best!
4. Add a little extra zinc to your diet! Many people who are susceptible to acne have weak immune systems. Studies have shown that these people lack zinc in their diet which aids in fighting acne causing bacteria. Not only does it fight the bacteria, it helps reduce the inflammatory response to bacteria making your pimples less inflamed and red. I highly recommend that you give this one a try! I personally have been taking zinc for 6 months now and I can't stress how much it has helped my skin!
5. Clean your phone! Many people don't realize that break outs on the cheeks are caused by bacteria on your phone screen. There is so much bacteria on your phone surface that we are unable to see with the human eye. Placing your phone right against your skin is allowing that bacteria to come into direct contact with your face and is potentially making you break out! As well as cleaning your phone often, hold it away from your skin instead of resting it on your face.