DIY Facial Toners July 22 2015, 0 Comments
DIY Facial Toners
Toners are great for removing dead skin cells, Makeup and catching traces of dirt that you didn’t capture during the washing process. These toners that I am bringing to you are one hundred percent natural and they soothe acne and pimples. They are also inexpensive and they save you lots of money in the long run.
Lemon and Aloe Vera Toner / Witch Hazel and lemon toner
This toner is great for soothing acne and sun burned skin
The Supplies you will need are:
1 Ripe Lemon
1 Bottle of 100% pure Aloe Vera by Desert Lily (optional)
1 Fresh Aloe Vera leaf
1 bottle of pure witch hazel
Essential oils (optional)
1 Pack of Cotton swabs or cotton balls (optional)
1 Mini small Spray bottle
1 Amber colored Jar (optional)
1 Blender (optional)
1 Lemon squeezer (optional)
1 Small funnel
Directions for Aloe Vera and Lemon Toner:
1. Grab a lemon and roll it back and forth on a firm surface. This helps the lemon release the juice more easily when you begin to squeeze it. Then begin to squeeze it.
2. Take your Aloe Vera Leaf and cut it in half then cut it down the spikey side so the clear meaty part will be exposed. Take a spoon and scrape it out into a bowl. *If using the desert lily aloe Vera in a bottle skip this process and jump right to pouring it into a bowl*
3. Combine the ingredients into a blender
4. Get your spray bottle or jar and insert the funnel into it, pour the mixture in and shake it up. Add an oil like coconut oil
5. Refrigerate to keep mixture from expiring quickly. Keeping it in a dark bottle also helps its shelf life.
Directions for Witch Hazel and Lemon Toner: Follow the same steps above just swap out the aloe Vera gel and replace it with Witch Hazel, no blender is needed, just a spray bottle or a jar and some cotton balls.
1. Aloe Vera is extremely bitter. Along with helping sun burn and other type’s burns, being a great moisturizer and soothing acne it helps with digestion, if you are constipated just drink 2 spoon fulls!
2. Aloe Vera mainly grows in the desert it is called the “Dessert Lily”.
3. Lemon is a lightening factor; it can help lighten acne scars.
4. Lemons are having a low pH
5. Witch Hazel helps with the removal of dark circles.
6. Tea tree oil helps to dry out pimples