Green Tea Coconut Ice Cream July 06 2015, 0 Comments
- 1 can quality full-fat coconut milk (splurge on the good stuff)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2-3 Tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Place coconut milk, almond milk, matcha, dates and honey in a blender and blend until well combined. Add xanthan gum and mix again. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more green tea powder, dates or honey.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and let chill for at least a few hours. Then pour into a pre-chilled ice cream maker and operate according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Once finished churning you can either eat it as soft serve or transfer it to a freezer-safe container and let harden for 4-6 hours.
- Be sure to set out 20-30 minutes before serving to allow to soften.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, simply pour the "batter" into a freezer-safe container, cover, freeze, and stir/whisk every hour or so to aerate.
- Will keep in the freezer for a week or so. Best when consumed fresh. I'm sure it would be lovely with pomegranates (extra antioxidants!), fruit compote or cacao nibs.
Recipe from Minimalist Baker