Sheet Mask Galore March 12 2016, 0 Comments
Sheet masks have suddenly been showing up on the shelves of our local cosmetic stores. They’ve been around for a long time. I’ve been using sheet mask for the past year versus the original face mask because I believe that it is more convenient and less time consuming than applying a mask and washing it off. Most of the mask that I stock up on is Korean branded or I get from an Asian beauty store.
What makes a sheet mask good is that the serum that is on the sheet itself will absorb on the skin. When you first apply the mask to your face, it will feel ticklish and wet because the serum is on the sheet itself. You leave it on your face for about 10-15 minutes and then slowly remove the mask and pat the excess serum unto your face. It is so simple. I prefer this over a mud pack not unless I really have 30 minutes to wait until it hardens.
I only use two brands and from those two brands I pick up the type that my skin needs. These three brands have a wide selection of sheet mask that you can use on daily but in reference to the type that your skin needs. For example, one day my skin will have a blemish and I can either use an aloe vera or green tea sheet mask to minimize the redness.
Here are the two brands that I use with the types of sheet masks.
This brand carries a variety of mask that suits your skin such as:
- AC-Dressing: for when you have troubled skin and just need it to be soothed and have excess oil.
- Aquaringer: for when your skin is dry, this will moisturize and hydrate it.
- Teatree: my favorite! This type reduces the oil on my skin and the redness.
- Aloe Soothing: for when you have redness on your face. This works great after a facial.
THE FACE SHOP
This brand has a lot of masks to choose from. I love using this as a an everyday mask because it isn’t costly and sometimes my skin just needs a mini facial.
- Shea Butter: a good alternative to moisturize your face
- Acai Berry: gives your face a slight firmness
- Lemon: This mask contains vitamin C which brightens your face
- Pomegranate: gives a dewy and glossy look
- Avocado: for when your skin is extremely dry and rough